Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Photographs Are Copyrighted.

For the second time this week, I found an ad on Canuck Audio Mart that used my photographs of a piece of my equipment to sell the same model. I contacted the advertiser, explained that they are copyrighted images, and he immediately apologized and took them down. Anyone I have contacted has always removed my photos once they know that they are mine.

I work very hard on my photography, and hope that I am continuing to refine and improve on a certain spare visual style. It is my signature. I don't want, for example, my Marantz 2245 photos representing another Marantz 2245 that is for sale...I think it will erode the honesty and trustworthiness of them.

If you do want to use any photos that I take for this blog (or for my own advertising), please ask first. As long as I am given credit, and you make clear that the photos are not of your actual unit, I will probably say yes.

No comments: