Friday, February 26, 2010

Genesis Physics Corporation Model Three: New Photos

The drivers looked pretty strange when I got them, and the cabinets needed attention. I said I didn't want to redo the red/pink foams because, like the gray ones, they were very well done and solid. However, these speakers are fantastic: like full, full range EPI 100s, or Genesis Ones, or Epicures, but with more authority than you'd expect, especially when used with bigger amps (which I don't have at the moment).

So I removed the offending surrounds and redid them with regular ones. I stripped and sanded the cabinets while the weather permitted yesterday, and oiled them last night. I wish I could take outdoor pictures, but the snow is still coming down, so these collages form the end of the kitchen will have to do for now. The veneer is beautiful, and they look really cool. I will do something to the grills soon.



Email me.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

The midrange drivers don't match.

Anonymous said...

They look great I just found a set at a flea market got them for $20 the foam needs replace. How do they sound and are they worth the work the cabinets on mine are near mint its the foam on the speakers thats bad with mine if you have any suggestions please email me at m2mullenix@yahoo.com I thank you