Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday Update

The magnificent JBL 4312Bs just left. They will be driven in their new home by the most beautiful Marantz 2275 I've seen. The combination sounds outstanding, and I know the new owner will be very happy. I have some seller's remorse at the moment, but this is what I do. I didn't write much about the 4312bs, I just listened with pleasure. They are the best speakers I've had here, or at least my favourites.

I'm listening to a pair of original Advents right now, and am pretty happy. In the next few days I hope to have some cool new speakers to tell you about. I have some fabulous small speakers right now, but will be looking for the next big pair.

Every once in a while I go to somewhere like Bay Bloor Radio to scope out the current retail audio situation, and am always amazed by what I see. I'm sure the equipment sounds good, but really, almost $4,000 for a 50 watt/channel NAIM integrated amp? Bose computer speakers for $500? Check out the flyer, and smile inside that your vintage system can make beautiful music for way less than a grand!

e-mail me

No comments: