Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Coming Soon (or already here)

I haven't been posting as much, and a few things have fallen through the cracks. The weather has prevented me from posting more pictures lately.

I have a Pioneer SA-5500II, a 15 watt/channel integrated from 1973, that was the entry level model. It is small and cute, with more than adequate power for small rooms and systems, and a really nice sound.

I will have the Pioneer SX-838 receiver that I mentioned in passing back soon.

I have 2 beautiful Kenwood receivers: a KR-5600, a lovely 55 watt/channel model that I've had (and liked) before and the identical looking KR-4600 rated at 35 watts/channel. Both have excellent tuners. They are both at Vladimir's, one for light replacement (the bulbs are soldered in place), the other for a noisy balance pot. I look forward to their return.

The Marantz 3300 preamp is back! The person who bought it from me got all the burrs out of the top of the faceplate and had Vladimir service it. He then upgraded to a Macintosh, and I'm happy it's home.

I have 3 pairs of small black speakers I'll tell you more about soon: Mission 701s (2 way, 5 inch), Celestion 3s (ditto) and a pair of Image speakers without a model number (2 way 6 1/2 inch).

e-mail me

No comments: