Saturday, August 29, 2009

Marantz Update

The Marantz 3300 preamp has cleaned up (so far) much better than I had any reason to expect. The interior of looks absolutely new, and I suspect that yesterday was the first time it had ever been opened. I'm listening to it now using the Marantz 2252 that arrived yesterday (and also cleaned up nicely) as a power amp. The sound is sparkling with the phono stage or digital sources, and I can hear what is so special about this unit. I have found a tool and die shop to smooth off the rough top edge early next week (it looks like it was dragged a mile across rough concrete!). I will replace the power indicator bulb later today. Vladimir, my tech guy swooned when he saw the quality of parts and construction. This preamp, my first made in USA Marantz, is really something!

No comments: