Saturday, August 1, 2009

Luxman LX-104 mkIIs

I'll have lots to say soon. These are very good.

While many japanese audio equipment manufacturers had cheap tower speakers made for them (often in Canada) to complete single branded systems, Luxman took a different approach. The company worked with Paul Barton of PSB, and these speakers are one of the results. They use high quality drivers in a light but very rigid ported cabinet, and sound really good. You can find the kind of big tower speakers I'm talking about any day at Goodwill. The Luxman LX-104 mkIIs are a rare find and very satisfying speakers.

e-mail me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found a pair of what seems to be the lx-104 mk I. They're asking 150$ (CAD) for them. I would like to use them with a Pioneer SA-9100 integrated amplifier, since I'm not able to get decent sound with the speakers I already have...

I wanted to know if they are worth the money they're asking and if they would match well my amplifier. (Is there better options out there for similar price?)

Thank you !

Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong buying these speakers. I have the same model, and they sound sweet! I run a Luxman R-1030 which is 30/ch., and they really sound great! Very punchy, but smooth as silk. Hope this helps