Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday Update

The Advent Loudspeakers that I mentioned last night were refoamed this afternoon and sold tonight! They were as good as I thought they would be, and in excellent shape for their age. They are in Oakville, driven by a Marantz 2275 and I know everyone will be happy. The buyer left a pair of cute little PSB two ways with 6 1/2 inch woofers to be refoamed, and I'll let you know how they sound tomorrow.

I said I was hoping to get some new pieces today and I did! I have a Marantz 2240 and a 2230 (There is already a 2230 here, but I think it needs amplifier bias brought back to spec). The 2240 need lots of lights and on tape monitor switch, but sounds great. It should be ready by the end of the week. The 2230 is a project: lights, speaker connectors and who knows what else! The 2240 looks like a 2235B, black fascia capturing the top row of switches.

I also have an AR 77XB turntable, a belt drive, three point suspension beauty from 1977 that I can't wait to hear! I need a phono cartridge for it or just a replacement stylus for the Shure 95HE that I have, and think will be a good match.

e-mail me

No comments: