Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hump Day

The Mirage 650s left last night. I am running out of speakers fast!

I do have some excellent pairs available: Paradigm 3SE mk3s, Mission 710s and 70s, Advent/1s and KLH 17s.

I hope to have two big speaker introductions before the weekend: some big JBLs, and a set of small studio monitors that I had before I started this blog and have been trying to find again ever since.

I have a Sansui AU-7500 integrated amp. It is rated at 43 watts per channel, but is built like a tank! It sounds very tubelike and powerful, with real authority, and has an excellent phono section (it actually 2 phono inputs). I love the look as well. In my opinion, Sansui is every bit as great as Marantz equipment, and often better value in the crazy vintage market.

Thanks for the edit, Jazzfusion!

No comments: