Saturday, November 15, 2008

Four Cool Marantz Pieces


Pictures to follow soon (sooner if it would stop raining). I have a beautiful 2230 receiver (30 watts/channel) in an original wood case, looking great. Also, an 1150 integrated amp (75 watts/channel) in it's original wood case. Both are in very good condition, and have been recently checked over by good technicians. The 1150 has the power to open up the JBLs and they are a beautiful combination.
I also have a (apparently rare) 2226 receiver (26 watts/channel), which I've never seen before. I've cleaned it, and for the first time (and I know to many of you It's no big deal), I'm going to replace the lights myself. Fortunately the pointer light is good. The gyro-tuning needs some work too. I hooked it up and the auxiliary and phono inputs sound fantastic.
I have a 1070 integrated amp (35 watts/channel) in a factory woodgrain vinyl sleeve (very handsome!) as well.
If you haven't heard a well maintained Marantz amplifier or receiver, you should. The hype is warranted, but sometimes the prices are over the top. I am looking far and wide to find good pieces at fair prices.
e-mail me!

No comments: