Saturday, November 22, 2008

These are very good.



I wrote this a while ago, but have since spent hours with the HPM-60s. They are still to me an excellent, lower priced, MUCH more efficient (92.5 db/watt vs 76!) alternative to my beloved JBL L36s.

I am excited to offer these fantastic speakers. Designed by Bart Locanthi, the former Vice President of Engineering at JBL, the HPM-100 was seen (by him) as an update of the classic JBL L100. The HPM-60 uses a 10 inch woofer instead of the HPM-100s twelve, but otherwise contains the same driver compliment.
This Wikipedia entry describes the technology and craftsmanship that created these excellent speakers.
This pair is very good! The woofers have been expertly refoamed, the dead supertweeters replaced with excellent ones. The HPM-60 model was only available in fake walnut vinyl. This pair has been refinished in real oiled walnut veneer! They look as good as they sound!
Local pickup only. Thanks for looking.
Email me!

No comments: